This is my first blog and this post is my first post too :). Okay Let's start it. First I want to explain that this blog is made for giving my little experience in modding or can I say adding mods to a game. When I bought a new PC in late 2005 I was suggested by my pal to buy some fun PC game too. I hear and follow his choice cause my lack of experience in choosing a suitable PC game (considering I only play console game that moment). My choose is two, one is Fable:The Lost Chapter, a PC port from Xbox game and second is Civilization 4. After finishing familiar one made for console game (Fable), I got bored. So I give Civilization a try, several weeks playing I got hooked up, It was addicting game. But somehow I felt bored again ( cause of I never give a scenario a try, just playing normal game). After searching the game files, I found a strange folder called "Mods", inside it I found folder that contains other title names like "Desert War". It's have same folder structure like "Assets" that also within the main game one but with different kind of files.
Following my curiousity with "Mods" word, I surfing internet and search for "Mods" in Google. I found the definition but not found the Civilization 4 Mods. So I browsed Gamespot and finally found them "Mods for Civ4". I download them and also the Civ4 Patch. I have fun with the mods especially one that called "Fall From Heaven" created by a guy (Kael). This Mods is called Total Conversion Mods. It's changed not only the scenario but also the elements from main game like Units, Gameplay, and adding new elements of strategy like using Magic. So the mods change Civ4 become Civ4 with Magic.

Oh, one last note from my early experience, I already play Counter Strike before 2005 (a famous mods from Half-Life that already became standalone game or product). But don't realised that CS is just a mods from other game until that day. I very amazed on how Modder change the way a game played. It's a pity that console game don't have that flexibility. Mods make gaming not bored anymore.
Pics are courtesy of Kael.
Oh, one last note from my early experience, I already play Counter Strike before 2005 (a famous mods from Half-Life that already became standalone game or product). But don't realised that CS is just a mods from other game until that day. I very amazed on how Modder change the way a game played. It's a pity that console game don't have that flexibility. Mods make gaming not bored anymore.
Pics are courtesy of Kael.